Sunday, November 11, 2007

Discover Wiki Week

Hi,

Just had a look at the library Wikis you recommended and especially liked the Consumer Info one - I found out about a new magazine title, Where to Retire, which I'm interested in . Will try to see if it is indexed anywhere. Also liked the Nonfiction book reviews in the Book Lovers Wiki, I often make recommendations for purchase based on sites like these. Trouble is I don't have enough time to read the books I know about, without adding more! Loved the best practices wiki too. Although in New Zealand I am working in a public library, I am a Medical Librarian and the practice of medicine has been evidence-based for over a decade now. Glad to see libraries going the same route - will visit this again. Wikis have applicability for libraries of every kind, especially the sub-specialties, like medical, law, corporate librarianship, etc. I have to say that I am still not in the habit of using ACL's reference wiki but it does make sense for questions that are difficult to answer or for questions that come up repeatedly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought the book lover's wiki was awesome too. :)